25.3.12

Funky Upcycled Tie Patches for Kids Jeans

I have no idea what my 3 boys are doing to blow out the knees in their jeans all the time.  I swear they only last a few months.  I started to panic a bit when I looked at how large the pile of "jeans to be patched" was getting.  The thought of patching all these did not excite me, nor did spending more $$$ on more jeans.  Then, a wonderful idea hit me and I felt compelled to attack that growing pile of tattered jeans.

Here's What You Do

1.  Go into your husband's closet and grab some of his most favorite colorful and funky ties.  You can  also find very cheap ones at a thrift store if you don't want any trouble.

3.  Cut out a square patch on the tie large enough to cover the hole on the jean.
4.  Stitch-rip about 1 foot of the inner seem on jean near the hole.
5.  Pin patch on the inside of the jean to cover the hole.
6.  Stitch here...stitch there...zig here...zag there.
7.  Restitch side seem and there you have it.

 Cool Pants For Cool Kids


4 down and 6 more to go.


Thanks for helping Mom!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment