20.3.12

A New Beginning | About The Pink Antler Cafe

 It's a fitting day to officially launch The Pink Antler Cafe.  It's an extension/blog of Pink Antler Photography, and it shares all of the things, people, and places that inspire and uplift me.  My hope is that it will do the same for you.  So follow this happy, uplifting, and artful blog.  It will be fun!

SPRING IS HERE!!!

Yay!  Today is the first day of spring!!! This day makes me very giddy as it means that summer is just around the corner.  The rain is about to fall, flowers and trees are about to bloom, the sun shines gloriously with warmth and happiness, and love is in the air .  It represents new beginnings.  New life, renewed love, goals, ideas, and activities.

I compare myself to my favorite perennial, the Peony.  In the spring, it comes alive again, sprouting new shoots, leaves, and buds.   I truly feel like I come ALIVE in the spring.  Who doesn't?

Last winter I made these paper peony flowers to hang in my living room.   I haven't been able to take them down as it's my simple reminder during the winter that spring is just around the corner.
From the garden - Now, I don't have a green thumb by any means.  I've randomly planted all of my favorites in my yard.  I'm sure a horticulturalist would be appalled with my outdoor paradise.  Nonetheless,  I look forward to when the flowers bloom so I can clip them and bring their scent and beauty inside for us to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment