22.4.12

Earth Day | The Long Way Home

I have the best intentions in doing my part to reduce, reuse, and recycle.  I think about the quality of life I want for my children,  grand children, etc. so that one day they will hopefully be a part of a healthier environment and generation.  I do admit, I'm not perfect in this intention.  A lot of guilt overcomes me at times when I throw stuff in the garbage because my recycling bin is full or if I cannot bear to rinse a rancid container of Fromage Cottage.  Blahhhh! 

This day was an exceptionally busy one for me - full of editing and volunteer work for my son's school band.  But in between all the craziness, I knew it was gonna be a magical day for pictures.  The sky was incredibly blue and the clouds were low and puffy with heavy grey bottoms.   I took the long, scenic way home after picking the kids up from school that day just because I knew it would be more glorious.  And it was!  This particular day inspired me to stop and make time amongst all the madness to appreciate the beauty and wonders all around.  To me, Earth Day means just that - taking the time to STOP and appreciate the world that we take for granted, and to play an active roll in doing the things we need to do to help protect this planet we call HOME.

With great love in my heart for the Earth and it's perpetual beauty, Happy Earth Day!
  Click here to read about the origin of Earth Day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment